Mike and I were lucky to ring in the New Year together this year. Every year since the day we met we haven't been apart at 12:00 am on New Year's. This year I was getting a little nervous. Mike was on call and had cases to do all day. He was able to come home for our ritual appetizer New Year's Eve dinner and by the time we finished eating he was called out to the hospital. It was 11:30 when I received his call saying he was on his way home. By 11:56 he was walking in the door and we were able to celebrate! Over the weekend we took Claire to the free range zoo in Alvin. She had so much fun looking at all the animals. She even fed a buffalo. Afterward we took her for her very first horse ride! For a minute, I thought we weren't ever going to get her off. She was a natural (like her mommy :) and really enjoyed it.
My New Year's Resolution: This year I will not climb Mount Everest, be fluent in Spanish, or work out every day and lose 25 lbs. I will however, make my bed every day, work out when I can, take my daughter to the park more often, be less judgmental, and love my baby and Clairebear every second of the day! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment